It's a holiday weekend which means friends, fun, and food! These two-way baked cauliflower 'wings' are the perfect memorial day barbecue (or anytime) appetizer. They are crispy, plant-based, packed with flavor, and taste even better dipped into our ranch and green-goddess dressings!
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, chopped into large florets
- 1 ⅓ cup all purpose flour
- 1 ⅓ cup milk of choice
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Loli’s Green Goddess Dressing, to serve
- Loli’s Ranch Dressing, to serve
Honey Sesame Garlic Sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tbsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water
Lemon Pepper Sauce
- ¼ cup salted butter
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 3 tbsp water to form a slurry
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, milk, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Working in batches, put the cauliflower florets in the bowl and coat them with the batter. Pick up each floret, letting the excess batter drip off, then place them an inch apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Roast in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes, until barely tender.
- Meanwhile, to a small saucepan, add all ingredients for the honey sesame garlic sauce except for the cornstarch. Cook, stirring often, for about 5 minutes. Whisk in the cornstarch slurry and continue cooking for another minute, until the sauce has thickened.
- In another small saucepan, add all ingredients for the lemon pepper sauce except for the cornstarch. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes. Whisk in the cornstarch slurry and continue cooking for another minute, until the sauce has thickened.
- Divide the baked cauliflower evenly between two separate large bowls. Pour the honey sesame garlic sauce into one bowl of cauliflower and the lemon pepper sauce into the other bowl. Toss each well to coat the cauliflower with the sauce.
- Spread the honey sesame garlic cauliflower on one baking sheet. Spread the lemon pepper cauliflower on another baking sheet. Return to the oven and broil on high for 3-5 minutes or until the cauliflower is slightly crisp, golden, and charred.
- Serve warm with Loli’s Green Goddess and/or Ranch dressing!