Garlic Grilled Artichokes with Dipping Sauce
Every spring we look forward to artichoke season and there’s no better way to enjoy them than grilled with a delicious dipping sauce. Get the recipe below!
• 4 artichokes, trimmed and cleaned
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice, plus more for garnishing
• 4 teaspoons garlic powder
• 4 teaspoons salt
• 4 teaspoons black pepper
• 8 slices of lemon
• Olive oil for garnishing
1. Fill a large pot halfway full with water, and bring to a boil. Add the lemon juice and artichokes, then cook for 20 minutes.
2. Drain the water, and allow the artichokes to cool for 10-15 minutes.
3. Next, cut each artichoke in half and season with 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper.
4. Then, place one lemon slice over each half and wrap the artichokes in aluminum foil. Repeat this process for the other three artichokes.
5. Light up the barbecue and place the artichokes heart side down for 15 minutes.
6. After the allotted time, turn off the barbecue and remove the artichokes.
7. Allow the artichokes to cool for 10 minutes before unwrapping them from the foil, then garnish with olive oil and lemon juice
8. Serve with Loli's Ranch or Green Goddess dressing. Dip and Enjoy!