Kale + Brussels Sprout Caesar with Almonds
We love a good caesar salad, but a caesar salad with a twist is EVEN BETTER.
This modern twist on a classic is packed with superfood nutrition from dark leafy greens and elevated brussels sprouts to a whole new level. Top it with our Loli's Probiotic Caesar for the ultimate prebiotic-probiotic gut punch. Here's how to do it.
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to season
- 2 large bunches of Tuscan kale
- 12 ounces brussels sprouts, trimmed, finely grated or shredded with a knife
- 1-2 tbsp avocado, or sunflower oil
- 1/3 cup almonds with skins, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup finely grated Pecorino
- Loli’s Caesar Dressing
- Coat a small skillet; heat oil over medium-high heat. Add almonds to skillet and stir frequently until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer nuts to towel to let cool. Sprinkle almonds lightly with salt.
- Cut & discard kale stems. Then slice leaves thinly. Shred brussels sprouts thinly and combine both greens into a large bowl.
- Lightly coat greens with oil, season with salt and pepper and mix the brussels sprouts and kale evenly.
- Drizzle on Loli’s dressing and garnish with toasted almonds and grated pecorino cheese.