Shrimp Tacos with Caesar SlawIf you like tacos, stop what you're doing right now and save this recipe. No, seriously. As soon as the weather warms up, our cravings for street-style tacos hits. We are always looking for ways to change-up the toppings, sauces, and proteins in search of the perfect Taco Tuesday recipe. This shrimp taco with probiotic kale caesar slaw is the perfect combination of salty, tangy, with a hint of sweetness from the pickled onions and shrimp. Grab the recipe below!
Shrimp Tacos with Caesar Slaw
Ingredients - serves 4
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 lb peeled + deveined shrimp
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 corn tortillas
- Pickled red onions - optional
- Jalapeno slices - optional
- ½ head lacinato kale, thinly sliced
- ½ lb brussels sprouts, thinly shaved/sliced
- ⅓-½ cup Loli’s Caesar Dressing
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Make the slaw: toss the thinly sliced kale and brussels sprouts in a large bowl. Pour ⅓ cup of the dressing over, along with the lemon juice and a pinch of freshly cracked black pepper. Toss to combine. Taste and add more dressing to the slaw if desired. Set aside while you cook the shrimp.
- Heat a large skillet or grilling pan over medium heat. Add the butter. Once melted, add the shrimp to the hot pan, cooking 2-4 minutes per side or until the shrimp is cooked to desired doneness. Remove from the pan.
- Heat your tortillas in the same pan the shrimp cooked in, about 30 seconds per side.
- Assemble the tacos by dividing the shrimp between 8 tortillas, followed by the caesar slaw, pickled onions, and jalapeno slices.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!