Loli always told us to eat our vegetables. Even as adults, we hear her voice in our head every time we wonder, "what's for dinner?". This superfood version of a classic has been in our weekly rotation for months and it's quickly become a staple recipe.
Tuscan Kale Caesar with Fried Capers
- Chopped and de-stemmed Tuscan/Lacinato kale
- Shaved Parmesan Cheese (Optional)
- 4 TBSP capers, drained
- 1/4 C Avocado Oil
- Loli's Probiotic Caesar Dressing
1. Wash kale thoroughly and de-stem by gathering the leaves between the thumb and forefinger of your dominant hand. Pull back and away along the stem in one swift motion, applying even pressure to strip the leaves from both sides.
2. Once de-stemmed, chop kale
3. In a small saucepan, bring on high heat with your avocado oil. Use a kitchen thermometer to ensure that the oil is around 350°F.
When your oil is heated, gently drop the capers in the saucepan and fry them for three minutes, or until no longer soft. The outer layer of the capers will fan out and form an airy and crunchy crust, while the center should hold its circular shape. Remove with a slotted spoon and place them on paper towels to drain.
4. Place kale in a bowl that is large enough to toss the salad in, add in shaved parmesan cheese and fried capers and Loli's dressing. Toss until well combined and top with croutons and cracked black pepper!